Roberts County, South Dakota Genealogy
|Roberts County, South Dakota|
Location in the state of South Dakota
Location of South Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||March 8, 1883|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Roberts County; 411 2nd Ave E; Sisseton, SD 57262; Ph. 605.698.7152 Details: (Clk Cts has b, d & bur rec from 1905, m & div rec from 1890, pro & ct rec from 1889; Reg of Deeds has land rec)
A portion of the Lake Traverse Indian Reservation is in Roberts County. The remainder of the reservation is in Marshall, Day, and Codington Counties in South Dakota and in Richland and Sargent Counties in North Dakota.
- Big Stone County, Minnesota
- Richland County, North Dakota
- Sargent County, North Dakota
- Traverse County, Minnesota
1905, 1915, 1925 State Censuses --Unique information could include: Ethnic Background, Maiden Name, Church Affiliation & Military Service
1905 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1915 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1925 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1935 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1945 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).