Russell County, Alabama Genealogy
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Russell County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||December 18, 1832|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Russell County, Alabama
P O Box 969
Phenix, Alabama 36868
County Health Department has birth and death records
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce and court records
Judge of Probate has marriage probate and land records. 
1832--Russell County was created 18 December 1832 from the Creek Cession of 1832.
County seat: Phenix 
- Chattahoochee County, Georgia
- Muscogee County, Georgia
- Stewart County, Georgia
For tips on accessing Russell County, Alabama Genealogy census records online, see: Alabama Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Russell County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Russell County p. 39. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).