Russell Parish, Virginia
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:32, 3 July 2013 by Murphynw (Meade)
See Patterson in Parish Records.
- Blunt, Ruth Homes. "The Little Anglican Church on the Hill," Lynchburg Historical Society, Vol. 7, No. 1 (1969). Available at Virginia Historical Society.
Colonial parish registers do not survive. For later registers, see:
- Patterson, Helen Strange. St. Stephen's Episcopal Church of Bedford County, Forest, Virginia, Historical Records & Registers from 1824 to 1915; Cemetery Records from 1824 to 1980. Forest, Va.: Historical Records Committee, St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, 1983. FHL Book 975.5675 K2p.
- Four religious petitions (dated 1774, 1778, 1779, 1782) concerning Church of England issues from residents of Russell Parish, Bedford County, Virginia are available online in Early Virginia Religious Petitions, courtesy: The Library of Congress: American Memory.
- John Frederick Dorman, "Review of St. Stephen's Episcopal Church of Bedford County, Forest, Virginia ...," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 28, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1984):57. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 28 (1984)
- Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- William Meade, Old Churches, Ministers and Families of Virginia, 2 vols. (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott and Co., 1861). Digital versions at Internet Archive: Vol. I and Vol. II.