Russia, Tatarstan Poll Tax Census Revision Lists (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Russia, Tatarstan Poll Tax Census (Revision Lists), 1719-1859 .
- 1 Title in the Language of the Records
- 2 Record Description
- 3 Citations for This Collection
- 4 How to Use Records
- 5 Related Websites
- 6 Related Wiki Articles
- 7 Contributions to This Article
- 8 Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Title in the Language of the Records
Россия, Татарстанская перепись подушного налога (ревизские сказки), 1719-1859
This collection of poll tax census revision lists, from the period between 1719-1859, includes images of family lists for the taxpaying population (about 95% of the population). It was conducted primarily in the years 1719-1724, 1743-1747, 1761-1767, 1782, 1795, 1811, 1816, 1833-1834, 1850-1851, 1857-1858, including outlying years. The localities reflect those that existed during the period of the Russian Empire. Revisions lists were revised or updated, sometimes several times, until the next census was recorded. Ten revisions were conducted at irregular intervals.
The lists contain the names of all taxable persons from each city, town, village, or estate and are arranged by household. Many volumes are preceded with an index. The text of these records was written mainly in Russian (Cyrillic). These records identify family groups, relationships, and ages at the time of the census.
For a list of records by localities and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browse link from the collection landing page.
Citations for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Records collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher, and archive for the original records.
- "Russia, Tatarstan Poll Tax Census (Revision Lists), 1719-1859" Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing Tatarstan National Archive, Kazan.
These poll tax census records may contain the following:
- Name of head of household
- Names of household members
- Age of head of household
- Ages of household members
- Household members relationship to the head of household
How to Use Records
To search the collection image by image select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒Select the appropriate "Province"
⇒Select the appropriate "District of City"
⇒Select the appropriate "Year/Vol" which takes you to the images.
Begin your search by finding your ancestors in the census index. Use the locator information in the index (such as page number or family number) to locate your ancestors in the census. Compare the information in the census to what you already know about your ancestors to determine if this is the correct family or person. You may need to compare the information of more than one family or person to make this determination. Be aware that, as with any index, transcription errors may occur.
When you have located your ancestor in the census, carefully evaluate each piece of information about them. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details that can lead you to other records about your ancestors.
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
| This section is incomplete.
You can help by adding content.
- "Delaware Marriage Records," index and images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org): accessed 4 March 2011, entry for William Anderson and Elizabeth Baynard Henry, married 23 November 1913; citing marriage certificate no. 859; FHL microfilm 2,025,063; Delaware Bureau of Archives and Records Management, Dover.
- “El Salvador Civil Registration,” index and images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org): accessed 21 March 2011, entry for Jose Maria Antonio del Carmen, born 9 April 1880; citing La Libertad, San Juan Opico, Nacimientos 1879-1893, image 50; Ministerio Archivo Civil de la Alcaldia Municipal de San Salvador.