Rutland Church Records
Most Rutland parish registers and bishop's transcripts are held at the Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland Record Office. Parish registers have not been microfilmed.
Rutland residents often went to Peterborough or Leicester to acquire marriage licences. Peterborough marriage licences are held at the Northamptonshire Record Office and Leicester marriage licences are held at the Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland Record Office.
Peterborough marriage licences have not been published. A card index is available at the Northamptonshire Record Office.
Early Archdeaconry of Leicester marriage licences (1570-1729) have been published and available online.
Ecclesiastical court records from the Archdeaconry of Leicester have been microfilmed for the years 1526 through 1825. These records deal chiefly with fornication, adultery, slander, marriage (within degrees) and divorce. They identify the individuals concerned as well as their places (parish) of residence: FHL Film 1538125 (first of 22 films).
Family Search Records
Some of the Records are shown below but to get all FamilySearch Records on Rutland Church Records go to FamilySearch Categlog and place Rutland, England Church Records in the Keyword search.
Parish and Church Registers
- Handlist of parish and nonconformist church registers in the Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland
- Exton, Rutland, England, parish register extracts
- Pickworth, Rutland, England : parish register transcripts, 1660-1780
Birth and Baptisms
- [FHL|1854394|disp=Baptisms in All Saints Church & St. Leonards Church, Leicester 1575-1921}}
- Leicester churches baptism index : Belgrave St. Peter's 1700-1921, Belgrave St. Michael's 1887-1921, St. Gabriel's 1916-1921
- Parish register printouts of Caldecott, Rutland, England ; christenings, 1796-1840
- Computer printout of Empingham, Rutland, England, christenings, 1813-1834
- English Friends records, Warwickshire, Leicestershire and Rutlandshire : marriages, births and burials, 1623-1729
- The registers of All Saints Parish Church, Oakham, in the county of Rutland, marriages, 1754-1837
Death and Burial
- Barrowden, Rutland, England : baptisms and burials, 1603-1837
- Leicestershire &amp;amp; Rutland F.H.S. county burials, 1813-1865, for the parish of Lockington &amp;amp; Hemington : [index]