Rutland Church Records
Large collections of Rutland parish registers are available online in:
- Boyd's Marriage Index at FindMyPast (£). Coverage.
- International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free. Coverage. Mainly bishop's transcripts.
Most Rutland parish registers and bishop's transcripts are held at the Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland Record Office. Parish registers have not been microfilmed. Consequently, few Rutland entries appear in the International Genealogical Index.
Leicestershire & Rutland Family History Society have published transcripts of most Rutland parish registers on CD:
- Volume 1 - Ayston, Brooke, Cottesmore, Edith Weston, Egleton, Empingham, Hambleton, Little Casterton, Lyndon, Manton, Morcott, Normanton, Pilton, Preston, Ridlington, Ryhall, Teigh, Whissendine, Whitwell, and Wing parishes. FHL CD-ROM no. 5016 v. 1
- Volume 2 - Ashwell, Barrowden, Braunston, Exton, Great Casterton, Ketton, Langham, Oakham, South Luffenham, Tickencote, and Tinwell parishes. FHL CD-ROM no. 5016 v. 2
- Volume 3 - Belton, Bisbrook, Burley, Caldecott, Clipsham, Essendine, Glaston, Greetham, Lyddington, Market Overton, North Luffenham, Pickworth, Seaton, Stoke Dry, Streeton, Thistleton, Tixover, Uppingham, and Wardley parishes. FHL CD-ROM no. 5016 v. 3
- Volume 4 - Ashwell, Ayston, Barrowden, Belton, Bisbrook, Braunston, Brooke, Burley, Caldicott, Clipsham, Cottesmore, Edith Weston, Egleton, Empingham, Essendine, Exton, Glaston, Great Casterton, Greetham, Hambleton, Ketton, Langham, Little Casterton, Lyddington, Lyndon, Manton, Market Overton, Morcott, Normanton, North Luffenham, Oakham, Pickworth, Pilton, Preston, Ridlington, Ryhall, Seaton, South Luffenham, Stoke Dry, Stretton, Teigh, Thislteton, Tickencote, Tinwell, Tixover, Uppingham, Wardley, Whissendine, Whitwell, and Wing (1813-1840) parishes. FHL CD-ROM no. 5016 v. 4
Ian Buxton and Audrey Margaret Buxton published Rutland Marriage Index (beg. 1538) on CD: FHL CD-ROM no. 4119.
Leicestershire & Rutland Family History Society published Rutland Marriage Index, 1754-1837: FHL Collection.
- National Burial Index, 2nd ed. Includes 19,000 Rutland burials.:
Rutland residents typically went to Peterborough or Leicester to acquire marriage licences. Peterborough marriage licences are held at the Northamptonshire Record Office and Leicester marriage licences are held at the Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland Record Office.
Peterborough marriage licences have not been published. A card index is available at the Northamptonshire Record Office.
Early Archdeaconry of Leicester marriage licences (1570-1729) have been published and available online.
Ecclesiastical court records from the Archdeaconry of Leicester have been microfilmed for the years 1526 through 1825. These records deal chiefly with fornication, adultery, slander, marriage (within degrees) and divorce. They identify the individuals concerned as well as their places (parish) of residence: FHL Film 1538125 (first of 22 films).
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Society of Friends
- English Friends records, Warwickshire, Leicestershire and Rutlandshire : marriages, births and burials, 1623-1729
- 'National Burial Index - 3rd Edition Coverage,' Federation of Family History Societies, http://www.ffhs.org.uk/projects/nbi/nbi-coverage.php, accessed 19 August 2013.