Difference between revisions of "Sabine County, Texas Genealogy"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
''[[United States|United States]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] [[Texas|Texas]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] [[Texas Counties S|Counties S]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] Sabine County'' <br>
|Line 83:||Line 85:|
Revision as of 19:55, 15 March 2013
Guide to Sabine County Texas genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Sabine County Courthouse
PO Drawer 580
Hemphill, TX 75948
County Clerk has birth and death records from 1903,
marriage records from 1880, land records from 1875
and probate records; District Clerk has divorce and
It was the Sabine District of the Department of Nacogdoches and became the municipality of Sabine in 1835.
1836--Sabine County was created 17 March 1836 from an old Mexican Municipality. County seat: Hemphill 
1875--Courthouse and all county records were destroyed by fire in November 1875.
Places / Localities
- Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the TXGenWeb site.
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 Texas, Death Index, 1964-1998 (FamilySearch Historical Records) Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Sabine County, Texas. Page 673 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).