Sacramento California FamilySearch Library
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Sacramento Family History Center also known as both the Sacramento Regional Family History Center and the Sacramento California Large Multi-stake Family History Center. The Center has over 90 well trained volunteers to help the more than 14,000 patrons who visit the Center annually.
- 1 Center Location
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Location and Map
Address: 2745 Eastern Avenue, Sacramento, California 95815
- The Sacramento Family History Center is located on the west side of Eastern Avenue behind the LDS Sacramento East Stake Center.
- Sacramento Family History Center
- From Hwy 80 -- Take Watt Ave exit, go South on Watt Ave, left onto Marconi Ave, right onto Eastern Avenue. From Hwy 50 -- Take Watt Ave exit, go North on Watt Ave, right onto Marconi Ave, right onto Eastern Avenue.
- Monday: 10am - 4:00pm
- Tuesday: 10am - 9:00pm
- Wednesday: 10am - 6:30pm
- Thursday: 10am - 9:00pm
- Friday: 10am - 4:00pm
- Mailing: 9314 Blue Oak Drive, Orangevale, California 95662
- Email: SacRegFHC@gmail.com
Reception Desk: 916 487-2090
- Directors: Ed and Linda Lucky
- Associate Director: Alice Carlson - Films and Books
- Associate Director: Sister Margie Barron - Administrative Services
- Associate Director: Matt Fox - Technical
- Associate Directors: Gordon and Janet Orchard - Personnel and Staff Training
- Associate Director: Carolyn McMillan - Finance
- Associate Directors: Norm and Linda Todd - Seminars and Public Classes
2011 Holiday Schedule
The Center is closed
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Week - November 21st -25th
- Christmas - New Years Holiday - December 19th - January 1, 2012
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Hardware and Equipment
- Additionally, we have other database programs for information storing of your family history work such as PAF (Personal Ancestral File), Legacy, RootsMagic, Ancestral Quest, Family Tree Maker, and Family Insight to name a few. Other software that is available for patronuse includes, Get My Ancestors, AniMap, Family Atlas, Family History Resourse File, and Pedigree Resource File.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 35 computer workstations for patron use, 6 printers, 8 microfilm readers, 3 fiche readers, 3 scanners, and digital film/fiche scanner.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
The Sacramento Family History Center has many opportunities for you to serve as a Volunteer, or as a Missionary. Please call: 916 487-2090
Adding details to a FHC page article.