Sagene, Oslo, Norway Genealogy
Microfilm at the Family History Library contain the parish registers of Sagene parish in Oslo city which was established in 1877. Records are for 1880-1922.
Images of the church books are online at Digitalarkivet.
Digitalarkivet databases are online for Sagene:
History of the parish
Sagene parish was established in 1880 as a result of the expansion of the city in 1877. It was created partly from the north part of Gamle Aker parish and partly from the newly annexed part of the city. According to Royal resolution September 28, 1897 the border of the parish should go from the city limits at the left end of Kierschows gate to Kingo gate, Sannergata, Fagerheimsgata, Rosenhoffgata, then in a northeast direction to the city limits and along this to Kierschows gate.
That part of the parish which was east of Aker river and south of Torshovgata was separated to become Lilleborg parish in 1916. The rest of the parish east of the river became Torshov parish in 1929.