Saint John Parish, Barbados
Barbados Saint John Parish
The earliest parish registers for St. John, Barbados seem to be missing because the first baptism record found are those of hundred and fifty years later in 1805.
The first marriages in this parish, however, are in 1657 with surnames such as Barber, Bayley, Davidson, Fenwick, Foster, Gunn, Hill, Keetes, Knight, Nelson, Oakley, Parker, Partridge, Prescott, Prince, Taylor, Welsh, and Wood. These were quickly followed by other well known names from that period, that continue to this day, with the likes of Allester, Andrews, Annes, Atkinson, Baldwyn, Baxter, Brannan, Bridge, Brown, Bryan, Bryan, Burne, Carnes, Cash, Clarke, Collison, Corner, Cullimore, Davis, Debats, Dempster, Dennis, Denough, Ellis, Evans, Farre, Frame, Garrett, Gibson, Gold, Green, Hackett, Halfhead, Harris, Haynes, Hennard, Henny, Hoblins, Hothersall, Ince, Johnson, King, Lee, Lewis, Lord, Mabley, Masson, Mole, Moore, Munro, Nichols, Parkinton, Philips, Porter, Potter, Price, Reed, Renny, Rides, Roberts, Robinson, Sachell, Savington, Sharpe, Sherwood, Sherwood, Sislee, Snooke, Stewart, Walker, Wallis, Warmill, Webster, and Woodward.