Salem Utah Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Salem Utah Family History center serves the Salem Stake and Salem West Stake.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 695 S 300 W, Salem, UT 84653
- Use the Northwest entrance of the Salem West Stake center building
- Contact: Virginia Temple, Director - 801-423-1325 e-mail: email@example.com
- Contact: Nancy Miller, Asst Director - 801-423-3822
- Link to Google Map
Open Hours: 10am - 3pm Tuesday through Friday, Wednesday and Thursday night from 7pm-9pm, Tuesday evening by appointment only
Holiday Schedule 2014: Good Friday--April 18, 2014, Independence Day--July 3-4, Pioneer Day-- July 24, Summer Break--August 11-25, 2014, Veteran's Day--November 11, Thanksgiving--Nov 24-Dec 1, Christmas--Dec 15-Jan 3, 2015--Reopening Jan 6, 2015
Calendar and Events
April 26, 2014: Family History Fair at the Salem West Stake Center, 695 South 300 West, Salem, Utah
Registration: Beginning 8:15 a.m
9:00 a.m. Keynote Speaker Brother Tim DeGraw, Family Search
10:10 to 11:10 Choice of four classes: 1. Indexing Basics 2. Family Tree Basics 3. RootsMagic 4. Descendancy Research
11:10 to 11:25 Break--Light freshments in Cultural Hall
11:25 to 12:30 Choice of four classes: 1. Indexing Obituaries 2. FamilyTree Sources 3. FH Technology 4. FH Questions and Answers
Staff Training Meetings
Wednesday, March 19 at 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 21 at 7:00 p.m.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 14- Windows 7 computers, laser printers, 1 fiche reader and 3 film readers
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
City of Salem: www.salemcity.org
Salem City Library: www.salemcitylibrary.org
Volunteer at the Center