Salt Lake City, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches
Original 19 Wards of Salt Lake City
These wards became part of the Salt Lake Stake, February 22, 1849.
Salt Lake City stakes (1930)
- Ensign Stake:
- Boundaries: north and east to the mountains, south to 3rd South Street (or Liberty Stake), and west to Main Street
- Granite Stake:
- Boundaries: north to 13th South St. (or Liberty Stake), east to the Wasatch Mountains, south to 27th South St. (or Grant Stake), and west to 5th East St. from 27th South St. to the Park City branch of the Denver & Rio Grande Western Railroad tracks, thence east along said tracks to 7th East St. and north along 7th East St. to 13th South St. (or Liberty Stake)
- Grant Stake:
- Liberty Stake:
- Boundaries: north to 3rd South St. (or Ensign Stake), east to the mountains, south to 13th South St. (or Granite and Grant stakes), and west to Main St. (or Pioneer Stake)
- Pioneer Stake:
- Salt Lake Stake:
- Boundaries: north to the Davis County line (or South Davis Stake), east to North State St., City Creek Canyon and Main St., Salt Lake City, (or Ensign Stake), south to 3rd South St. (or Pioneer Stake), and west to the Great Salt Lake
Wards in Salt Lake City to about 1948
Salt Lake City 1st, 2nd, 3rd (Liberty)
- Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941).
- Online through BYU Books. (Free) In the Text search box, type the town or unit name and click Go. Select page numbers (tiny) at the right to see the page.
- Also available through Ancestry.com ($).