Salt Lake City, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches
Original 19 Wards of Salt Lake City
These wards became part of the Salt Lake Stake, February 22, 1849.
Salt Lake City stakes (1930)
- Ensign Stake:
- Boundaries: north and east to the mountains, south to 3rd South Street (or Liberty Stake), and west to Main Street.
- Granite Stake:
- Boundaries: north to 13th South St. (or Liberty Stake), east to the Wasatch Mountains, south to 27th South St. (or Grant Stake), and west to 5th East St. from 27th South St. to the Park City branch of the Denver & Rio Grande Western Railroad tracks, thence east along said tracks to 7th East St. and north along 7th East St. to 13th South St. (or Liberty Stake).
- Grant Stake:
- Liberty Stake:
- Pioneer Stake:
- Salt Lake Stake:
Wards in Salt Lake City to about 1948
Salt Lake City 1st, 2nd, 3rd (Liberty)
- Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941).
- Online through BYU Books. (Free) In the Text search box, type the town or unit name and click Go. Select page numbers (tiny) at the right to see the page.
- Also available through Ancestry.com ($).