Salt Lake City, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches
Original 19 Wards of Salt Lake City
These wards became part of the original Salt Lake Stake, February 22, 1849:
1st Ward • 2nd Ward • 3rd Ward • 4th Ward • 5th Ward • 6th Ward • 7th Ward • 8th Ward • 9th Ward • 10th Ward • 11th Ward • 12th Ward • 13th Ward • 14th Ward • 15th Ward • 16th Ward • 17th Ward • 18th Ward • 19th Ward
Salt Lake City stakes (1930)
- Ensign Stake:
- Boundaries: north and east to the mountains, south to 3rd South Street (or Liberty Stake), and west to Main Street.
- Granite Stake:
- Boundaries: north to 13th South St. (or Liberty Stake), east to the Wasatch Mountains, south to 27th South St. (or Grant Stake), and west to 5th East St. from 27th South St. to the Park City branch of the Denver & Rio Grande Western Railroad tracks, thence east along said tracks to 7th East St. and north along 7th East St. to 13th South St. (or Liberty Stake).
- Grant Stake:
- Liberty Stake:
- Pioneer Stake:
- Salt Lake Stake:
Salt Lake City Wards, 1930
Salt Lake City 1st, 2nd, 3rd (Liberty)
25th, 26th (Pioneer)
Center (Salt Lake)
Salt Lake City Wards formed after 1930
The following wards were formed 1930-1948. They are linked to the FamilySearch Library Catalog, which may give dates organized and parent ward(s).
Salt Lake City 35th
Mountain Dell Branch
Redwood (formerly Pioneer Ward)
Stadium Village Branch
- Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941).
- Online through BYU Books. (Free) In the Text search box, type the town or unit name and click Go. Select page numbers (tiny) at the right to see the page.
- Also available through Ancestry.com ($).