Difference between revisions of "Salt Lake Millcreek Family History Center"
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
*'''Tuesday ''' 1:00 to 9:.
*''':''': 9:. '''''For an appointment, please contact the director in advance at 1 801-264-4052.'''''
Revision as of 21:23, 17 March 2014
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Serving the Salt Lake Millcreek and Granite Park LDS Stakes in South Salt Lake area.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 4220 South Jeannine Dr (420 E), Salt Lake City, UT 84107
- Joanne R. Gines - 1 801 685-2239
- Assistant Directors: Nancy E. Montgomery
- Tuesday and Wednesday 1:00 to 9:00pm.
- Training /Classes:Thursday: 3:00pm. - 9:00pm. For an appointment, please contact the director in advance at 1 801-264-4052.
- Closed for holidays and last two weeks of December.
Calendar and Events
- Workshop training can be accessed at the Riverton Stake Family History Center.
Legacy Family Tree Workshop
- Thursday 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Staff Training Meetings
TBA - family history consultant training
(priesthood leaders also welcome).
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Hardware and Equipment
- PC computers with internet access
- Wireless internet access for patron laptops, tablets, and mobile divices
- Microfiche reader
- Microfilm reader
- Laser printers (5 cents per copy)
- FlipPal portable scanner with built-in stitching software.
Refer to the Introduction to LDS Family History Centers page for a general outline of what to expect at Family History Centers.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)