Samoa Burials (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Samoa, Burials, 1895-1970 .
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the Independent State of Samoa|
What is in the Collection?
This index is an electronic index for the years 1895 to 1970. This index is not complete for any particular place, region or time period. This collection may include information previously published in the International Genealogical Index or Vital Records Index collections.
For details about the contents of these records and help using them see the wiki article Deaths and Burials Vital Record Index Collections (FamilySearch Historical Records).
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching, it is best to know the following information:
- Name of the person
- Date range for the record
As you search, compare your results with this information to find a match.
Search the Index
- Go to the collection page.
- Enter the requested information into the search box.
- Click Search to return a list of possible matches.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking for, What Now?
- Copy down all the information from the index entry.
- Do not forget to cite the record; see below for assistance in citing this collection.
- Use the information which has been discovered to find more. For instance, use the age listed in the record to estimate a year of birth, if that is yet undetermined.
- Continue to search the index to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives.
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking for, What Now?
- When looking for a person with a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which individual is correct. Use other information, such as place of birth or names of parents, to determine which person is correct.
- Check for variants of given names and surnames. An individual might have been listed under a nickname or abbreviation of their given name.
- Vary the search terms. For example, search by either the given name or surname to return broader list of results which can then be examined for matches. You might also try expanding the date range.
Citing this Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- "Samoa Burials, 1895-1970" Database. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2017. Index based upon data collected by the Genealogical Society of Utah, Salt Lake City.
Record Citation (or citation for the index entry):
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.