Sampson County, North Carolina Genealogy
|Sampson County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
History of Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
1865--Early court records are missing partially caused by Federal sympathizers.
1921--Clerk's office fire. Early deed books of Duplin County prior to 1784 are listed herein.
Bibles pertaining to Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
Cemeteries of Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
Sampson Co cemeteries at Cemetery Census
Sampson Co. cemeteries at ePodunk
Sampson Co. cemeteries at Find-a-Grave
1790 Census Index, Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
1800 Census Index, Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
1830 Census Index, Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
1840 Census Index, Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
1870 Census by Township, Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
at Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
- Families of Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Lewis] Lewis, J.D. My Neck of the Woods: The Lewis Families of Southeastern North Carolina and Northeastern South Carolina. Little River, S.C.: J.D. Lewis, 2002. FHL Book 929.273 L585Ljd; CD-ROM no. 1036
Township Map for Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
More Maps at Sampson Co, NCGenWeb
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).