Difference between revisions of "San Jacinto County, Texas Genealogy"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
''[[United States|United States]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] [[Texas|Texas]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] [[Texas Counties S|Counties S]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] San Jacinto County'' <br>
|Line 123:||Line 125:|
Revision as of 19:55, 15 March 2013
Guide to San Jacinto County Texas genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- 1 Quick Dates
- 2 County Courthouse
- 3 History
- 4 Places / Localities
- 5 Resources
- 6 Societies and Libraries
- 7 Web Sites
- 8 References
San Jacinto County's civil records start the following years:
1915--On 30 March 1915 the wooden courthouse burned.
San Jacinto County Courthouse
PO Box 669
Cold Spring, TX 77331
County Clerk has birth, marriage, and death records from 1888,
land and probate records from 1800’s, military discharge records
from 1919 & court records from 1907; District Clerk has divorce records
The first post office was established in 1847.
Places / Localities
|Source: "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau.|
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the TXGenWeb site.
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- TXGenWeb Project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), San Jacinto County, Texas. Page 673 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).