San Joaquin County, California Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1850--San Joaquin was created 18 February 1850 as an original county. County seat: Stockton 
Cherokee Memorial Park Hwy 99 E Harney Lane Lodi, CA 95240 209-334-9613
Park View Cemetery 3661 E. French Camp Rd. Manteca, CA 95336 209-982-1661
San Joaquin Catholic Cemetery Cemetery Lane Stockton, CA 209-466-6202
Stockton Rural Cemetery 2350 Cemetery Lane Stockton, CA 95204 209-465-5213
LDS Ward and Branch Records
For historical maps,search the following free sites:
• Maps-Historical-Sate of California, the Carlifornia government's site. Links to American Memory (Library of Congress), California Missions, and the State Library
• California Maps - HSU Library, also lists and links to gazetteers
For early marriages see Western States Marriage Index.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).