San Joaquin County, California Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1850--San Joaquin was created 18 February 1850 as an original county. County seat: Stockton 
Cherokee Memorial Park Hwy 99 E Harney Lane Lodi, CA 95240 209-334-9613
Park View Cemetery 3661 E. French Camp Rd. Manteca, CA 95336 209-982-1661
San Joaquin Catholic Cemetery Cemetery Lane Stockton, CA 209-466-6202
Stockton Rural Cemetery 2350 Cemetery Lane Stockton, CA 95204 209-465-5213
The following web sites have entries for people buried in Placer County. None have complete lists:
In the Family History Library Catalog Place Search on FamilySearch, for Placer, California, look at the list of records for Cemeteries. Films can be sent to family history centers. Public libraries may have copies of the books or can obtain them through Interlibrary Loan.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
For historical maps,search the following free sites:
• Maps-Historical-Sate of California, the Carlifornia government's site. Links to American Memory (Library of Congress), California Missions, and the State Library
• California Maps - HSU Library, also lists and links to gazetteers
Ancestry.com has Records of California men in the War of the Rebellion, 1861 to 1867
For early marriages see Western States Marriage Index.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).