Sanders County, Montana Genealogy
Guide to Sanders County Montana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Sanders County Courthouse
1111 Main Street
Thompson Falls, MT 59873
County Clerk and Recorder has birth, marriage, divorce, probate, court
and land records from 1906 and death records from 1907 
|Hot Springs||Old Agency||Trout Creek|
A small piece of the Flathead Indian Reservation is in Sanders County. The major part of the reservation is in Lake County. Other small portions are also in Missoula and Flathead Counties.
- See an interactive map of Sanders County cemeteries and modern-day townships. (Histopolis)
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has a collection of digitized Montana newspapers including Kalispell newspapers. This database is sometimes free at libraries.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 418.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).