Difference between revisions of "Sandy River Plantation, Maine"

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(hist)
(word smith)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
:''Not to be confused with the Sandy River Plantation that became '''[[Farmington, Maine]]''' in 1794.''<br><br>
 
:''Not to be confused with the Sandy River Plantation that became '''[[Farmington, Maine]]''' in 1794.''<br><br>
  
''[[United States|United States]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Maine]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Franklin County, Maine|Franklin]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]]'' '''Sandy River Plantation'''<br><br>'''Sandy River Plantation''' is a [[Maine plantations|Maine plantation]] in the forests on the west central side of Franklin County. Early, it was part of a multi-township plantation called '''Plantations 2 and 3 R1 and 2 and 3 R2''' formed from:  
+
''[[United States|United States]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Maine]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Franklin County, Maine|Franklin]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]]'' '''Sandy River Plantation'''<br><br>'''Sandy River Plantation''' is a [[Maine plantations|Maine plantation]] in the forests on the west central side of Franklin County. Early, it was part of a multi-township plantation called '''Number 2 and 3 R1 and 2 and 3 R2 Plantations''' formed from:  
  
 
::*Township 2 R1 WBKP (now [[Sandy_River_Plantation,_Maine|Sandy River Plantation]])  
 
::*Township 2 R1 WBKP (now [[Sandy_River_Plantation,_Maine|Sandy River Plantation]])  

Revision as of 11:37, 21 October 2013

Not to be confused with the Sandy River Plantation that became Farmington, Maine in 1794.

United States Gotoarrow.png Maine Gotoarrow.png Franklin Gotoarrow.png Sandy River Plantation

Sandy River Plantation is a Maine plantation in the forests on the west central side of Franklin County. Early, it was part of a multi-township plantation called Number 2 and 3 R1 and 2 and 3 R2 Plantations formed from:

but that long name was changed to Dallas Plantation in 1845, and changed in turn to Rangeley Plantation in 1852. Multi-township plantations were abolished in 1859, and it was split into four parts, including the present-day Sandy River Plantation. In 1865 the northern half was set off to form Greenvale Plantation, but it was annexed back into Sandy River Plantation in 1905.[1] [2]

References

  1. Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 103 (digital p. 112). A digital version is available via a link in the FHL Catalog.
  2. Sandy River Plantation, Franklin County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 30 September 2013).

Adjacent towns: Franklin Co.: Dallas Plantation | Madrid Township | Rangeley | Rangeley Plantation | Township E | Township 1 R2 WBKP (Redington)


Template:Maine-stub