Sankt Jørgen Pleiestiftelsen, Norway
Skt. Jørgens hospital (church) became part of Årstad in 1886. It belonged to Fana clerical district before 1749. Microfilm at the Family History Library include church records for Årstad clerical district in Bergen. Microfilmed records cover 1744-1931.
Årstad parish became its own clerical district in 1886 and included the parishes:
- Skt. Jørgens hospital with:
- D. D. Krohns og Frues Stiftelse
- de Søfarendes fattighus
- Stranges fattighus
- Pleiestiftelsen no. 1 for leprosy patients
- Lungegårdshospitalet and their employees
There is a separate record kept for the Leprosy hospital (Pleiestiftelsen no. 1 for spedalske) in Bergen for the years 1859-1886. The records are sometimes listed in Bergen Hospitaler.
History of Skt. Jørgens hospital.