Santa Clara County, California Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Quick Facts
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies, Libraries and Museums
- 6 Websites
- 7 References
18 February 1850: Santa Clara County was created as an original county. County seat: San Jose 
May 18, 1931: Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Archives and Libraries
- Santa Clara County list of cemeteries
Please refer to populated places for individual cemetery information.
Church History and Records
LDS Ward and Branch Records: Gilroy, Los Gatos, Naglee (San Jose), Palo Alto, San Jose and Willow Glen (San Jose).
Land and Property
Military History and Records
The website for the Office of the Clerk-Recorder for Santa Clara County has information about how to request birth, death, and marriage records. They have births and deaths after 1873, marriages after 1851.
A considerable number of early marriages are listed on the Western States Marriage Index.
Societies, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Los Altos California Family History Center
- Los Altos, California
- Milpitas California Family History Center
- San Jose, California
- Santa Clara County CAGenWeb
- USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb Archives backup site
- FamilySearch Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).