Difference between revisions of "Santaquin Utah Family History Center"
(/* 'CLASS REGISTRATION is encouraged because of limited space. ; &)
m (→Group Scheduling: edited link)
|Line 89:||Line 89:|
===== Group Scheduling =====
===== Group Scheduling =====
Please contact us for scheduling Primary, Scouting & Youth groups, Sunday School classes, Relief Society or Priesthood activities at: [
Please contact us for scheduling Primary, Scouting & Youth groups, Sunday School classes, Relief Society or Priesthood activities at: [@gmail.com @gmail.com]<br><u>'''''** It is helpful if you will contact us at least a week before you would like to visit the center. This will allow us to be better prepared for your group. This also will help you maximize your time with us.**'''''<br></u>
= Center Resources and Collections =
= Center Resources and Collections =
Revision as of 16:41, 23 July 2014
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Santaquin Family History Center is a full service center serving the south part of Utah County.
We welcome all to come visit us.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Santaquin Area "Family History Day"
- 4 Classes at the Family History Center:
- 5 TRAINING Classes for Consultants and Priesthood Leadership
- 6 GROUPS WELCOME
- 7 Center Resources and Collections
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 45 South 500 West, Santaquin, Utah, United States
- Please enter on the west side of the building.
- You will need to ring the bell located at the top right corner of the door frame. There is plenty of parking available. Handicap parking is toward the southwest end of the building.
- " Location on Map
Phone: 801-754-3722 (if we're unable to answer, you may leave a message)
E-mail: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Family History Center Hours: You may call to make an appointment for additional times
Open Mornings; Evenings MONDAY 9:00am - 12:00pm CLOSED TUESDAY ** 9:00am - 3:00pm 6:30pm - 9:00pm** WEDNESDAY ** 9:00am - 3:00pm 6:30pm - 9:00pm** THURSDAY * 9:00am - 3:00pm * 7:00pm Patron Classes FRIDAY 9:00am - 12:00pm By Appointment SATURDAY *** 9:00am - 12:00pm CLOSED
* TRAINING CLASSES for Patrons begin the 1st THUR of each Month
** popular GROUP nights - call ahead to see if computers are available
*** CLOSED the 2nd SAT of Each Month for Family History Consultant Training
Calendar and Events
Holiday Schedule-the FHC will be closed on the following days:
- July 24 (Pioneer Day)
- September 1 (Labor Day)
- October 4 (General Conference)
- November 26-29 (Thanksgiving)
- December 20, 2014 THRU January 1, 2015 (Christmas & New Years)
SUMMER INDEXING CHALLENGE - May through August
Our Indexing Challenge begins the week after School is out !!!!
Come join us at the Family History Center for Indexing fun and help. We'll be keeping track of each Ward's progress through the Summer.
ICE CREAM PARTY FOR THOSE THAT PARTICIPATE WILL BE
30 AUG - 12:30pm at the FHC
Santaquin Area "Family History Day"
The 2014 Family History Day; was held March 15th
THANKS FOR COMING TO OUR FAMILY HISTORY DAY! Your attendance made it a success.
2015 is already being planned - hope you can join us.
2014 Santaquin Family History Day Class Packet is available
(You will need to "DOWNLOAD" this to see it - there are 92 pages - be patient)
click here: 2014 Santaquin Family History Day Class Packet
Classes at the Family History Center:
Classes are being held Tuesday & Thursday evenings, at 7:00pm.
These class sessions will be repeated. All are welcome to attend.
CLASS REGISTRATION is encouraged because of limited space. Please register for classes at: Santaquinfhc@gmail.com'
2014 - See the schedule below:
Please plan to attend the ENTIRE session of the THURS & TUES class.
- THURSDAYs - 7:00pm FamilySearch Family Tree (4 week class)
AUG-7 / SEP-4 / OCT-2 / NOV-6
- TUESDAYs - 7:00pm FamilySearch Photos & Stories (2 week class)
AUG-12 / SEP-9 / OCT-14 / NOV-11
Please email us at: Santaquinfhc@gmail.com for additional information
We are interested in meeting the needs of our Patrons. If you have a particular class you would like us to teach, please contact us at: Santaquinfhc@gmail.com
TRAINING Classes for Consultants and Priesthood Leadership
- FAMILY HISTORY CONSULTANT TRAINING Second (2nd) SAT of each month - 9:00am / The Center will be CLOSED to Patrons that week
- Staff Training Meetings
Third (3rd) Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm in the family history center.
- Priesthood Leadership & Staff Training Meetings
Fourth (4th) Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm in the family history center.
Please contact us for scheduling Primary, Scouting & Youth groups, Sunday School classes, Relief Society or Priesthood activities at: Santaquinfhc@gmail.com
** It is helpful if you will contact us at least a week before you would like to visit the center. This will allow us to be better prepared for your group. This also will help you maximize your time with us.**
Center Resources and Collections
- We have a list of local films and fiche, and some film/fiche from other areas of the world. Please contact us or search the FamilySearch Catalog for these resources.
- Local history books and resources for doing your family history.
Databases and Software
This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions:
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War
- Research Database |Letters and Diaries |Images, Photographs, Posters, and Ephemera
- ArkivDigital Online
- Find My Past
- Fold3.com Previously known as Footnote.com
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest Online
- Historic Map Works Library Edition
- Paper Trail
- World Vital Records
Hardware and Equipment
We have NEW computers, film/fiche readers and printers for your use.
We also have 3 printers available to you - copies are free (up to 20)
SCANNER available to digitize your PHOTOS and SLIDES
Staff Research Specialties
We have staff who can help you with research.
Some of our Specialties are in the US, England, Scandanavia, and Germany.
Resources in the Local Area
We are 20 minutes from Brigham Young University and their collections. We are also 20 minutes from the Utah Family History Training Center located in Orem, Utah.
The Family History Library in Salt Lake City is a one hour drive from Santaquin.
Santaquin Utah North Stake https://secure.lds.org/units/login/0,8029,779-1,00.html
Santaquin Utah Stake Web sites https://secure.lds.org/units/login/0,8029,779-1,00.html
You must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and you must live in a participating stake to use this Web site. Use your LDS Account information to sign in.
Volunteer at the Center
We welcome volunteers to work at our center. Please contact us through one of the email addresses provided above.