Scott County, Kansas Genealogy
Scott County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Scott County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||March 6, 1873|
|County Seat||Scott City|
|Address|| Scott County Courthouse|
303 Court Street
Scott City, Kansas 67871-1122
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Scott County Courthouse
303 Court Street
Scott City, KS 67871-1122
City Clerk has birth and death records.
Probate Judge has probate records.
District Court has marriage records.
County Clerk has burial records.
Clerk Court has divorce and court records. 
1873--Scott County was created 6 March 1873 from unorganized territory. County seat: Scott City 
- Scott County was organized after the Civil War.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Scott County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Scott County, Kansas page 255, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).