Scott County, Minnesota Genealogy
Guide to Scott County Minnesota genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Scott County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||March 5, 1858|
|Address|| Scott County Courthouse|
428 S Holmes St
Shakopee, MN 55379
Scott County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County Recorder has birth and death records from 1871,
marriage records from 1856, land records from 1850’s
and military dischrage records from 1950.
Clerk Court has divorce and probater records from 1850’s
and court records from 1880. 
- 1853--Scott County was created 5 March 1853 from Dakota County. County seat: Shakopee 
- For a brief history of Scott County's name, click here, then select Scott County.
Civil War service men from Scott County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Scott County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies A, C, and F.
- - 2nd Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry, Company L.
- - 4th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company A.
- - 5th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company E.
- - 8th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company I.
- - Brackett's Battalion, Minnesota Cavalry, Company C.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Scott County, Minnesota page 368, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).