Scott County, Mississippi Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Scott County Courthouse
PO Box 630
Forest, MS 39074
Clerk Chancery Court has divorce and court records 1900,
probate and land records from 1835, old church and cemetery
records. Clerk Circuit Court has marriage records. 
1833--Scott County was created 23 December 1833 from the Choctaw Cession.
County seat: Forest 
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Scott County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
- Civil War service men from Scott County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Scott County.
- - 2nd Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company K - Mississippi Body Guards
- - 6th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company E - Lake Rebels
- Company K - East Mississippi Greys
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Scott County, Mississippi page 382, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).