Scurry County, Texas Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 10:30, 8 June 2011 by Fargason
Template:Texas-stubUnited States Texas Counties S Scurry County
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1876--Scurry County was created 21 August 1876 from Bexar Land District. County seat: Snyder. The county was named for Confederate general William Read Scurry. 
Places / Localities
- Snyder - County Seat
- Arah - historical
- Camp Springs
- China Grove
- Pyron - historical
- Wheat - historical
- Scurry County Cemetery listings Scurry County TXGenWeb site.
- Cemeteries of Texas, Scurry County page
- Find-a-grave listings for Scurry County
- Bell-Cypert-Seale Funeral Home - 3101 College Ave. Snyder, Texas 79549; (325) 573-5454
- Wright Colonial Funeral Home - 208 37th St. Snyder, Texas 79549; (325) 573-6200
- Hillside Memorial Gardens - Colorado City Highway Snyder, Texas 79549; (325) 573-5251
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the TXGenWeb site.
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- Scurry County TXGenWeb
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).