Searcy County, Arkansas Genealogy
|Searcy County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||December 13, 1838|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Searcy County; Courthouse Sq; PO Box 297; Marshall, AR 72650-0297; Ph. 870.448.3354 Details: (Co Clk has m, div, pro & ct rec from 1881 & land rec from 1866)
See an interactive map of Searcy County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
- Men from Searcy County served in the 1st Regiment, Arkansas Infantry (Union)1 and the 3rd Regiment Arkansas Cavalry (Union)2 1Arkansas. Adjutant General's Office. Report of the Adjutant General of Arkansas, for the period of the late rebellion, and to November 1, 1866,Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1990 .
2Allen, Desmond Walls. The Third Regiment, Arkansas Cavalry (Union) Infantry (Arkansas Research: Conway, Arkansas,1987).
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Searcy County, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).