Sedgwick County, Kansas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Sedgwick County Courthouse
525 N Main Street
Wichita, KS 67203
District Probate Court has marriage and probate records from 1870.
District Civil Court has court records.
County Clerk has land records from 1887.
Community Health Deppartment (1900 E. 9th, Wichita, KS 67214)
has birth and death records. 
Current townships include: Afton, Attica, Delano, Eagle, Erie, Garden Plain, Grand River, Grant, Greeley, Gypsum, Illinois, Kechi, Lincoln, Minneha, Morton, Ninnescah, Ohio, Park, Payne, Riverside, Rockford, Salem, Sherman, Union, Valley Center, Viola, Waco, and Wichita.
 Historical Atlas of Sedgwick County, Kansas, published by John P. Edwards, 1882. The 1982 reprint has a 17 page index of names.
 Standard Atlas of Sedgwick County, Kansas, Including a Plat Book of the Villages, Cities and Townships of the County, published by George A. Ogle and Company.
BillionGraves: Each page has Google map, and searchable database of photographed headstones.
- Cheney Cemetery, Cheney
- Eldridge Cemetery, Union
- Harrington Cemetery, Conway Springs
- Highland Cemetery, Wichita
- Pleasant Ridge Cemetery, Goddard
- Ressurection Cemetery, Wichita
- Viola Cemetery, Viola
Early Township maps of Sedgwick County http://specialcollections.wichita.edu/wcf/townships/index.asp
Midwest Historical and Genealogical Society Library has three Indexes of the obituaries in scrapbooks in their library.
- Index of obituaries from The Wichita Eagle and Beacon for the period 1955 to 2008.
- Obituaries from the Catholic Advance for 1999.
- Miscellaneous obituaries which they have indexed.
The Wichita Photo Archives www.wichitaphotos.org contains over 1,000 photographs of Wichita and Sedgwick County.
Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas, Death Index, 1887-1910. Alphabetical index giving name and certificate number.
Societies and Libraries
Lawrence & Lucile Wulfmeyer Genealogy / Special Collections Center at the Wichita Public Library, 223 South Main Street, Wichita, Kansas, 67202. 316-261-8509. Open Monday through Thursday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; and Sunday 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Closed major holidays. Contains over 18,000 genealogy books and magazines covering Kansas, the Great Plains, the Midwest, the South, and the Colonial States. Other major collections include: Dawes Rolls Applications, Draper Manuscripts, Germans to America, Italians to America, and microfilm of the city's newspapers the Eagle and the Beacon.
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Sedgwick County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Sedgwick County, Kansas page 255, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).