Difference between revisions of "Seward County, Kansas Genealogy"
m (fixed link)
|Line 95:||Line 95:|
Revision as of 02:26, 2 February 2013
Seward County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Seward County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Address|| Seward County Courthouse|
415 N. Washington Ave.
Liberal, Kansas 67901-3497
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Seward County Courthouse
415 N Washington
Liberal, KS 67901
City Clerk has birth and death and burial records.
Probate Judge has marriage and probate records.
Clerk District Court has divorce and court records.
Register of Deeds has land records.
County Clerk has newspapers from 1873. 
1873--Seward County was created in 1873 from unorganized territory. County seat: Liberal 
- Seward County was organized after the Civil War.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Seward County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Seward County, Kansas page 255, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).