Shannon County, South Dakota Genealogy
|Shannon County, South Dakota|
Location in the state of South Dakota
Location of South Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||January 11, 1875|
|County Seat||Hot Springs|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1875--Shannon County was created from 11 January 1875 from unorganized territory.
County seat: Hot Springs 
- Cherry County, Nebraska
- Dawes County, Nebraska
- Fall River
- Sheridan County, Nebraska
1905, 1915, 1925 State Censuses --Unique information could include: Ethnic Background, Maiden Name, Church Affiliation & Military Service
1905 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1915 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1925 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).