Shareshill, Staffordshire Genealogy
Guide to Shareshill, Staffordshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Shareshill The Virgin Mary is an Ancient Parish in the county of Staffordshire.Other places in the parish include: Great Saredon, Saredon, and Little Saredon.
SHARESHILL (The Virgin Mary), a parish, in the union of Penkridge, E. division of the hundred of Cuttlestone, S. division of the county of Stafford, 5¾ miles ( N. N. E.) from Wolverhampton. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Shareshill St Mary and St Luke formed in 1551 formerly a chapelry of Penkridge, Staffordshire
Shareshill parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|SHARESHILL PARISH (1564) Online Records|
Deposited parish registers at Staffordshire Record Office Bap circa 1565-1991 Mar circa 1565-2001 Bur 1565-1951
Lichfield Record Office holdings of Bishop's Transcripts Bap 1687-1868 Mar 1687-1836 Bur 1687-1868
Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Shareshill, Staffordshire Genealogy 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474612.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 56-58. Date accessed: 05 November 2012.
- 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 17 September 2013.
- 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (N-Z), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 23 September 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 September 2013.
- Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8