Shawano Wisconsin Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
Address: 910 Zingler St Shawano, Wisconsin
- Park in the south parking lot, behind the building. Entrance is marked with sign.
- During severe winter weather, call ahead to see if Center is open. If area schools have been cancelled because of weather, the Center will not be open.
Phone: (715) 526-2946
Open Summer HoursTuesday Thursday and Saturday - 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Winter Hours Tuesaday Thursday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Closed on any 5th Saturday.
Holiday Schedule: Call ahead.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- All available Federal and State Census records on microfilm for Shawano County, plus many for the surrounding counties.
- Index card collection of tombstones for all known cemeteries in Shawano County.
- Index card collection of vital records (birth, marriage, and death) extracted from records in the Shawano County Register of Deeds office.
- Index card collection of naturalization records abstracted from records when they were still in possession of the Shawano County Clerk of Court. Original records are now in possession of the Wisconsin State Historical Society and are kept at the Area Research Center in the Coffrin Library at the UW-Green Bay campus.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
Resources: computers, microfilm readers, microfilm printer, printers, wi-fi
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
- Shawano City-County Library
- Address: 128 S. Sawyer St., Shawano, WI 54166
- Phone: 715-526-3829
- Microfilm rolls of newspapers published in Shawano, Wisconsin.
- Shawano County Historical Society
- Address: 524 N. Franklin Street, Shawano, WI, 54166-0534
- Phone: 715-526- 3323
Shawano County Genealogy http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~wishawa4/
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)