Shelby County, Missouri Genealogy
Guide to Shelby County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Shelby County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||January 2, 1835|
|Address|| Shelby County Courthouse|
PO Box 186
Shelbyville, MO 63469
Shelby County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Recorder Deeds has marriage and land records; Clerk Circuit Court has divorce records; Probate
Court has probate records; Clerk Magistrate Court has court records
See an interactive map of border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all Missouri Counties.
For tips on accessing Shelby County, Missouri Genealogy census records online, see: Missouri Census.
- Map of Shelby County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Shelby County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Moberly newspapers from the early 1900's that covered local news on residents from Shelby County communities.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Shelby County, Missouri. Page 405 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- "List of Counties in Tennessee," Wikipedia.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).