Shelton Washington Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Shelton, WA Family History Center has recently been remodeled to make it more user-friendly. Patrons will be enthusiastically greeted by staff who will give you as much or as little assistance as you desire. The staff is continually increasing and updating their knowledge to be more helpful to patrons.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Linkshttp://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~wamcgs/
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 916 N. 12 St., Shelton, WA 98584 United States
- WA_Shelton@ldsmail.net or email@example.com
- Kathleen Frances Johnson - 1 360-877-0422 - 1 360-401-0341
- Tuesday: 10am - 2pm
- Wednesday: 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Center will be closed when Shelton Public schools are closed for bad weather.
Holiday Schedule: Closed July 3, 2013, November 27, 2013, December 24, 2013 through January 5, 2014.
Calendar and Events
Sign up on our email list to be notified of special classes or events.
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- There are approximately 400 genealogy books, plus a large number of long-term microfilm and fiche accessible by all patrons. Pedigree Resource File Discs are also available. There are also the AIS, PERSI, and FHL Catalog on microfiche.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- The Center has 3 computers, plus wireless or cable access for patron laptops. There are 3 microfilm readers and 2 fiche readers. A camera is set up to photograph film or fiche images and edit and print or transfer to the patrons thumb drive. A copy machine is also available.
Resources in the Local Area
Other resources located in Shelton include the Mason County Historical Society and Timberland Regional Library. There is also a Mason County Genealogical Society.
Volunteer at the Center
Volunteers are always welcome at the center. If you would like to volunteer, please stop by, call, or email the center.