Shoreditch St James, Curtain Road, Middlesex Genealogy
Curtain Road or, otherwise known as Shoreditch St James, Curtain Road began functioning as a district church in 1839 and lay within the civil parish boundaries of St Leonard Shoreditch.
Here's a list of District Churches and Chapels in St Leonard Shoreditch:
- All Saints Haggerston - 1855
- Aske’s Hospital Chapel, Hackney - 1696- Baptisms 1731-1744 P019041; Marriages 1696-1753 M019041
- Christ Church, Hoxton - 1839
- Geffreye’s Almshouses Chapel, Kingsland Rd - 1794
- Holy Trinity, Beechwood Rd, Dalston - 1879
- Holy Trinity, Bletchley St, Hoxton - 1848
- Holy Trinity Shoreditch - 1866
- Merchant Taylor’s School Mission -
- St Augustine Haggerston - 1863 (part from Bethnal Green parishes)
- St Agatha Haggerston - 1871
- St Bartholomew Dalston – 1879
- St Chad Haggerston - 1863
- St Columba Haggerston - 1863
- St Andrew Hoxton - 1863
- St Anne Hoxton - 1865
- St James, Curtain Road - 1839
- St John the Baptist, Hoxton - 1826
- St Mark Old Street Road - 1848
- St Mark Dalston w/ St. Bartholomew - 1871
- St Mark St Mark’s Rise, Dalston - 1870
- St Mary Haggerston Rd, Haggerston - 1829
- St Mary Hoxton - 1866
- St Michael, Mark St, Shoreditch - 1862
- St Paul, Broke Rd, Haggerston - 1893
- St Paul Haggerston - 1861
- St Paul Haggerston - 1858
- St Peter Hoxton Square - 1869
- St Philip Dalston - 1844
- St Saviour Hoxton - 1862
- St Stephen, Goldsmith’s Row, Haggerston - 1864
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, nonconformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438816.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Middlesex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Poor Law Unions
Contributor: Add information about the pertinent poor law unions in the area.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.