Difference between revisions of "Shropshire Parishes"

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m
m
Line 231: Line 231:
 
*[[Quatt Malvern, Shropshire|Quatt Malvern]]  
 
*[[Quatt Malvern, Shropshire|Quatt Malvern]]  
 
*[[Ratlinghope, Shropshire|Ratlinghope]]  
 
*[[Ratlinghope, Shropshire|Ratlinghope]]  
*[[Rhydycroseau, Shropshire|Rhydycroseau]]  
+
*[[Rhydycroesau, Shropshire|Rhydycroesau]]  
 
*[[Richard's Castle, Shropshire|Richard's Castle]]  
 
*[[Richard's Castle, Shropshire|Richard's Castle]]  
 
*[[Rodington, Shropshire|Rodington]]  
 
*[[Rodington, Shropshire|Rodington]]  

Revision as of 20:33, 6 November 2013

EnglandGotoarrow.pngShropshireGotoarrow.png Shropshire Parishes

These were the original ecclesistical parishes in the historic county of Shropshire, England.

It the late 19th century and the early 20th century, as the population increased in many parishes, they were sub-divided into new parishes.

Historically, Criftins, Hengoed, Kinnerley, Knockin, Llanyblodwel, Llanymynech, Melverley, Morton, Oswestry, St. Martin's, Selattyn, Trefonen, Weston Rhyn and Whittington were in the Welsh Diocese of St. Asaph. However, following disestablishment of the Anglican Church in Wales on 31 March 1920, the Shropshire parishes were transferred to the English Diocese of Lichfield.