Simpson County, Mississippi Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1824--Simpson County was created 23 January 1824 from the Choctaw Cession. County seat: Mendenhall 
Almost all cemeteries have been indexed and can be found at US GenWeb at the following link.
The original land grants can be found at Bureau of Land Records website at www.glorecords.blm.gov.
- Civil War service men from Simpson County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Simpson County.
- - 3rd Battalion, Mississippi Infantry [aka 45th Missisippi Infantry/ Hardcastle's/Williams']
- Company A - Duncan Riflemen
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county. http://theusgenweb.org/ms/simpson/
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).