Sioux County, Nebraska Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Sioux County Court House
P.O. Box 158
Harrison, NE 69346
Sioux County; 325 Main St; PO Box 158; Harrison, NE 69246; Ph. 308.668.2443 Details: (Co Clk has land rec; Co Judge has m, pro & ct rec; Clk Dis Ct has div rec)
1877--Sioux County was created 19 February 1877 from unorganized territory. County seat: Harrison 
- Box Butte
- Fall River County, South Dakota
- Goshen County, Wyoming
- Niobrara County, Wyoming
- Scotts Bluff
Search for a headstone photo in Nebraska
For tips on accessing Sioux County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Early migration routes to and from Sioux County, Nebraska Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Jim Tompkins, "The Oregon Trail 1841-1848 Map III" in Oregon Trail Landmarks at http://www.oregonpioneers.com/OTMap3.jpg (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "Oregon California Trails Association" at http://octatrails.micromaps.com/ (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "The Pioneer Story: The Mormon Pioneer Trail" in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at http://lds.org/gospellibrary/pioneer/pioneerstory.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).