Sioux County, North Dakota Genealogy
Sioux County, North Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Sioux County, North Dakota|
Location in the state of North Dakota
Location of North Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||September 3, 1914|
|County Seat||Fort Yates|
|Address|| Sioux County Courthouse|
300 2nd Avenue
Fort Yates, ND 58538
Sioux County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Clerk District Court has marriage records from 1916,
burial, divorce, probate, court and land records
1914--Sioux County was created 3 September 1914 from Standing Rock Reservation. County seat: Fort Yates 
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Sioux County, North Dakota Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Sioux County, North Dakota. Page 526 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).