Snohomish County, Washington Genealogy
Guide to Snohomish County Washington genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Snohomish County, Washington|
Location in the state of Washington
Location of Washington in the U.S.
|Founded||January 14, 1861|
|Address|| Snohomish County Courthouse|
3000 Rockefeller Ave MS 605
Everett, WA 98201-4046
Snohomish County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biography
- 2.3 Cemeteries
- 2.4 Census
- 2.5 Church Records
- 2.6 Court Records
- 2.7 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.8 Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
- 2.9 Gazetteers
- 2.10 Genealogy
- 2.11 History
- 2.12 Land and Property
- 2.13 Maps
- 2.14 Migration
- 2.15 Military
- 2.16 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.17 Newspapers
- 2.18 Obituaries
- 2.19 Periodicals
- 2.20 Probate
- 2.21 Public Records
- 2.22 Repositories
- 2.23 Taxation
- 2.24 Vital Records
- 2.25 Websites
- 3 Places
- 4 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|* For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent County: created 14 January 1861 from Island
- County seat: Everett 
- Neighboring Counties: Chelan | Island | King | Kitsap | Skagit
Purdy & Walters at Floral Hills; 409 Filbert Road; Lynnwood, WA 98036-4934; USA; Phone No: (425) 672-1800
Purdy and Walters at Floral Hills Cemetery is part of the Dignity Memorial® national network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. Some obituaries are online at Making Everlasting Memories for those who paid for the service. Other than that, you should contact the cemetery directly for any inquiries.
- 1890 Veterans
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
Land and Property
Some military records for this county have been digitized at the Washington State Digital Archives.
Naturalization and Citizenship
Washington State Digital Archives has digitized various types of naturalization-related records, including declarations of intentions, delayed birth files, naturalization affidavits, notifications of application for admission to US citizenship, orders fixing naturalization terms, petitions and records, petitions, receipts for certificates of citizenship, record of final decrees of citizenship and record of petitions dockets. Depending on the county, records range from 1854-1988.
- Arlington Times - full-text digital issues in Google News Archive; covers 1945-2009
Snohomish County Courthouse,
3000 Rockefeller Ave MS 605;
Everett, Washington 98201-4046;
County Auditor has birth and death records1891-1907
and marriage records from 1891.
County clerk has divorce, probate records and court records. 
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Everett Washington Family History Center
- Snohomish Washington Family History Center
- Washington Death Certificates 1907-1960 A free internet index to the 1907-1960 death certificates can be found at FamilySearch Record Search, no images are available. A transcribed death certificate may contain such information as name of the deceased, date and place of death, age, gender, birth date and birth place, mother’s maiden name and name of spouse, place of residence, occupation and certificate numbers.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Snohomish County, Washington Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Spokane County, Washington page 734, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.