Difference between revisions of "South Australia Societies"
m (moved Historical Societies - South Australia to South Australia Societies: make consistent with other countries)
Revision as of 03:56, 21 July 2012
- 1 Adelaide/Northern Districts Genealogical Society
- 2 Clare Regional Historical Society
- 3 Family History South Australia
- 4 Family Tree Oz
- 5 Fleurieu Peninsula Family History Group Inc
- 6 Flinders Ranges Research
- 7 History South Australia
- 8 History Trust of South Australia
- 9 Lyndoch & Districts Historical Society
- 10 Mt Gambier HIstory Group
- 11 OZGen Link
- 12 Port Adelaide Historical Society
- 13 Salisbury and District Historical Society
- 14 South East Family History Group (SEFHG)
- 15 South Australian Genealogical Society
- 16 South Australian Environment and History
- 17 South Australian Police Historical Society
- 18 Tea Tree Gully & District Historical Society
- 19 Yorke Peninsula Family History Group
We are open for research each Thursday 10.00 till 4.00, also two Saturday afternoons per month as per our Calendar. If you require assistance with your research, bookings are essential and charges may apply.
Our group runs regular Help Nights as part of our Event Calendar which are open to the general public.
They have available many various sources of information, by clicking on the above link and clicking on the Collection button on the left side, you will see what information is available. The site also has a link to the Australian Heritage Database that has been put in place by the Federal Australian Government.
They are happy to carry out research for people who cannot visit Clare. They try to answer promptly, but given that all members are volunteers, a busy tourist season or time to sow or harvest the wheat crop can cause delays. They aim to promise a maximum wait of two months.
The Group welcomes enquiries by mail, addressed to: The Research Officer, Clare Regional History Group, PO Box 6, Clare, South Australia 5453. Other contact details are given in "Contact details".
Please enclose a self-addressed envelope, and a donation towards the Group's work is always much appreciated. We currently charge $15 per hour for research carried out, or $3 per entry for BD&M entries transcribed (as at November 2010).
Were your ancestors pioneers of South Australia? Perhaps they were amongst SA's early settlers. Find out by searching our shipping passenger list, birth, marriage, death and cemetery records. Use their free databases, informative articles and genealogy resources to build your family tree and answer your family history questions.
This site has information about South Australian Motor Vehicle Registration 1906 - 1927 as well as many other areas
Flinders Ranges Research will undertake Land Title Searches, Heritage Surveys and advice on resources
for those who like to do their own research and/or self-publishing.
Flinders Ranges Research will even provide a 'tour guide service' for those people who like to find out
a little more about the area they are travelling through
HISTORY South Australia aims to bring to life OUR foundation history to a younger generation.
- The Society has developed an extensive records collection that includes newspaper articles dating back to the early 1840s, cemetery records covering Gawler and Barossa, assessment records for the Barossa and Mt Crawford Councils from their commencement in the mid 1850s, and many photographs.
* Genealogy research for family histories is also available for an appropriate donation.
South East Family History Group (SEFHG)
Official Web site containing historical infomation about:-
FOOT POLICE MOUNTED POLICE ARMS & WEAPONS
GOLD ESCORTS WOMEN POLICE EARLY UNIFORMS
COMMISSIONERS NEWSLETTERS MUSEUM GALLERIES