South Carolina Bible Records
Bible records can be used as a substitute in providing birth, marriage, and date information when South Carolina did not record that information. Some collections and compilations of Bible records are listed below:
- Bible Records of South Carolina by Leonardo Andrea  FHL Collection
- South Carolina Bible Records, vols 1-3 by the Daughters of the American Revolution  FHL Collection
- South Carolina Bible Records by Dorothy Harris Phifer  FHL Collection WorldCat
Three volumes of Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Bible transcripts and a volume compiled by Leonardo Andrea are on Family History Library film 954247. Additional DAR compilations are part of the collection described in South Carolina Genealogy. All of these collections are partially indexed by E. Kay Kirkham, An Index to Some of the Family Records of the Southern States (Logan, Utah: Everton Publishers, 1979; Family History Library book 973 D22kk Volume 1; fiche 6089183).
Another collection of original Bible records for families of South Carolina and other Southern states is Memory Aldridge Lester, Bible Records from the Southern States, Seven Volumes in 6 (Chapel Hill, North Carolina: M.A. Lester, 1956-62; Family History Library book 975 D28L; film 978067).
- Andrea, Leonardo, Bible Records of South Carolina, Salt Lake City, UT: Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1974.
- Daughters of the American Revolution, Ann Pamela Cuningham Chapter (Columbia, South Carolina), South Carolina Bible records, vols. 1-3, Salt Lake City, UT: Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1974.
- Phifer, Dorothy Harris, South Carolina Genealogical Society (Pinckney District Chapert), South Carolina Bible Records, Spartanburg, SC: Pinckney District Chapter, South Carolina Genealogical Society, .