South Carolina For Further Reading
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 16:42, 4 May 2011 by Batsondl
These guidebooks will give you more detailed information about South Carolina research, publications, and records:
- Côté, Richard N. Local and Family History in South Carolina: A Bibliography. Easley, SC: Southern Historical Press, 1981. FHL 975.7 H23c. WorldCat entry.
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources. Rev. ed. Salt Lake City. UT: Ancestry, 2004. Free digital version at Ancestry Wiki; FHL Collection; WorldCat entry. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- Inventory of County Archives of South Carolina, 14 vol., Historical Records Survey; pub. Columbia, South Carolina, 1937-1941.
- Jones, Lewis P. Books and Articles on South Carolina History. Columbia, SC: University of South Carolina Press, 1991. FHL Collection
- Moore, John H. Research Materials in South Carolina. Columbia, SC, 1967.
- Schweitzer, George K. South Carolina Genealogical Research. Knoxville, TN: G. Schwitzer, 1985. FHL Collection.WorldCat entry.
- Turnbull, Robert C. Bibliography of South Carolina, 1563-1950, 6 vol. Charlottesville, VA., 1956-1960.
SCMar is a major publisher of South Carolina genealogical resources. Online bookstore.