South East Nevada Indian Agency (Nevada)
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 21:18, 14 January 2013 by HealeyJE
Indian Tribes Associated With This Agency
The South East agency or Pi-Ute Agency was established in 1869.
Agents and Appointment Dates
Capt. Reuben N. Fenton 1869, Henry G. Stewart 1870, Charles F. Powell 1871, George W. Ingalls 1873, and A. J. Barnes 1874 
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.FHL book 970.1 H551o
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online