Southeast Indian Agency (Alaska)
Indian Tribes Associated With This Agency
The Southeast Agency is the forerunner of the Fairbanks Agency.
A few records of the Southeast Agency, consisting mostly of employment assistance case files, 1960-1968, are in the Pacific Alaska Regional Archives of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) in Anchorage.
See also the records of the Juneau Area Office, which includes:
- Tlingit-Haida tribal enrollments, including births, marriages, and deaths, 1890s to 1976
- Village census rolls, 1913, 1934-1966
- School records from several schools
- Land allotment registers, 1928-1929
- And other administrative and financial records, 1912-1974
- Guide to Federal Records, Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Record Group 75. Available online.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online