Southern Utah Indian Agency (Utah)
Annual Indian Census Rolls were taken at this agency for 1897-1905. These rolls have been microfilmed by the National Archives as part of their Microcopy Number M595, roll 543. Copies of these records are also available at the National Archives, their Regional Archives, and at the Family History Library and its family history centers (their microfilm number 583002). These census rolls are also available online at Ancestry.com's subscription web site.
The 1900 federal census included population schedules for the Shebits Indians of Southern Utah. These schedules were not classified in the Bureau of Census records as a separate district, but were simply included in District 175, Santa Clara Precinct in Washington County, Utah. However, the Shebits Indians in this precinct were recorded on Indian Population Schedules.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online