Spain, Diocese of Ávila, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known Issues
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: When I am searching for records in various parishes of this collection, I receive the message “Images Not Available”. Is it possible to view any of these images?
Answer #1: These images are not available for viewing. Whenever possible, FamilySearch makes images available for all users. However, ultimate rights to view images on our website are granted by the record custodians.
When these images were filmed, many records from different time periods were filmed and placed on the same roll of microfilm. Spain privacy rules prohibit viewing the following records: All birth, marriage and death images must be 100 years or older. If any record on a roll of microfilm or digital folder contains birth, marriage or death records from the last 100 years, the entire roll of microfilm or digital folder is restricted. Therefore, an effected microfilm is also not available for loan (you cannot order these films online to view at a FamilySearch Center).
The Historical Records collections will be updated each year to show new unrestricted records. FamilySearch respects and strives to adhere to all privacy laws respective to preserving and providing access to genealogical records in its collection.
The following is a list of known browse point discrepancies that involve a message “Images Not Available”:
• Blascomillán > San Millán (none of the browse points are available)
• Blascosancho > San Boal Mártir (the problem is limited to baptismal records)
• Narrillos de San Leonardo > San Leonardo (6 of 14 browse points are not available)
- Bautismos 1731-1776
- Bautismos 1842-1856
- Bautismos 1856-1891
- Bautismos 1873-1914
- Defunciones 1776-1922
- Matrimonios 1776-1873
• Narros del Castillo > San Juan Bautista (none of the browse points are available – all are on the restricted Film 1650176, Item 7-14)
Question #2: The Event Type and Year Range (Tipo de Registo e Anos - browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #2: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Document 114052,How to use Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records. The following is a list of known browse point discrepancies and the correct information:
• Aldeanueva de Santa Cruz > Santa María Magdalena > Matrimonios 1763-1851 are actually La Lastra del Cano > Asunción de Nuestra Señora > Matrimonios 1763-1851. For more information about what records are available, see the Catalog Film Notes for Film 1327133, Item 6 Matrimonios 1763-1932 (incorrectly assigned to Santa María Magdalena (Aldeanueva de Santa Cruz, Ávila) )
• La Lastra del Cano (Aldeanueva) > Asunción de Nuestra Señora and La Lastra del Cano > Asunción de Nuestra Señora are the same locality. You should search in both localities for records.
• La Lastra del Cano > Asunción de Nuestra Señora > Matrimonios 1763-1851 can be found at Aldeanueva de Santa Cruz > Santa María Magdalena > Matrimonios 1763-1851
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
• If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
• If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Spain, Diocese of Avila, Catholic Church Records, 1502-1975 > Adanero > Asunción de Nuestra Señora > Bautismos 1569-1650 > Image 37 of 243.
• If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered
Return to the Spain, Catholic Church Diocese of Avila Records (FamiySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Spain, Diocese of Avila, Catholic Church Records, 1502-1975 collection at FamilySearch.org.